Szöulban játszódó fórumos szerepjáték, mely egy egyetemi campus köré központosul, de mindenkit tárt karokkal várunk.

KezdőlapKezdőlap  RegisztrációRegisztráció  BelépésBelépés  

yejun && yeona – planned get-together

Go down 
2 posters
SzerzőÜzenet
Kwon Yeona
varosi
varosi
Kwon Yeona

♠ Titulus : the dreamer
♠ Tartózkodási hely : in dilemma
♠ Szak/Foglalkozás : writing poems
♠ Családi állapot : that's the least of my problems
♠ Hozzászólások : 16
♠ Reagok : 16

yejun && yeona – planned get-together Empty
TémanyitásTárgy: yejun && yeona – planned get-together   yejun && yeona – planned get-together Icon_minitimeSzomb. 18 Júl. 2020 - 22:10

Yejun & Yeona
getting to know you is like the sunrise: bright and warm

Starting texting with Yejun comes easy. Like everything with him, it feels just as natural.
After meeting during the spring festival and basically spending together the entire night, him showing me around the campus, taking me to his favourite place, talking about whatever came to our minds without awkward small talks, we carry on like we never stopped after I see some cute panda video on my Insta feed the next day and send it to him. Plus, I set one of the pictures he took of me on the rooftop as my profile picture on KakaoTalk.
Neither of us is addicted to our phones but we have been pretty much chatting ever since. He's a super chill guy and I like how funny he is and that he doesn't get offended when I don't get his jokes. He tells me about his university life, his friends, his cool sister, the football practices and in exchange I snap him photos of cute cafés I have visited, of poetry books I have been reading and tell him childhood stories of me and my brother. Having grown up with boy relatives in the family, I don't feel shy around other guys either and I like how easy it is to befriend Yejun. He never asks about my family's financial background which is a great relief after meetings too many people who are too hung up on the idea that I'm a Kwon. Yejun doesn't seem to care and even though I'm proud to be a part of this family, I'm glad.
It also comes natural when Yejun mentions that the next match of the season is coming up and invites me since I told him I would be interested. Without university or a job, I'm pretty much always free if there no family program, so it's no question I'm going and that's why I'm heading over to SNU on a lovely May afternoon. Even sending Minhyuk a selfie of me before the football arena, though I doubt he would text me back at all. Or if he did he would probably not appreciate me coming over for a sport event but he has all too stiff principles, so it wouldn't change a thing.
I dressed comfy and I guess I did a pretty good job because I don't stick out like a sore thumb from the mess of students as I take a seat among the audience. I have never been at a football match, so I don't know what to expect but it's definitely more fun. The enthusiasm of the crowd is crazy and I find myself screaming Falcons with the SNU students after a while. Not to be biased but it's quite easy to find Yejun among the athletes, so I keep my eye on him during most of the game and I have to take a note of that he's a good player and in the end his team ends up winning which has me standing up and hollering, too. I don't have much to do with the whole thing and yet the experience makes me feel giddy, so I type a text to Yejun telling him I'm here and I'll wait in front of the building if he has time to catch up.
It takes quite some time to get out with all those people and by the time I find myself a place to stay put, I get a reply saying that he's coming. I heard the others talk that there's an after party going on, so I wouldn't want to keep him away same as last time but it's been a month since we have met in person. It makes me smile wide when I see the tall boy approaching after a few minutes quickly passing by.
"Turns out you didn't lie about your team being good. Next time I should get those blue war paints on my cheeks, too," I greet him right away with a playful remark and a smooth promise of next time as I crane my neck to be able to look at him properly. "Do you have any cool food places around here? Cause I'm starving and I wasn't even the one running around," I let out a chuckle as I raise a brow while I'm waiting for the boy's answer.
Vissza az elejére Go down
Lee Yejun
uni
uni
Lee Yejun

♠ Titulus : #12
♠ Tartózkodási hely : out on the field or in lecture halls
♠ Szak/Foglalkozás : crop science and biotechnology
♠ Családi állapot : don't believe in true love

TémanyitásTárgy: Re: yejun && yeona – planned get-together   yejun && yeona – planned get-together Icon_minitimeCsüt. 13 Aug. 2020 - 22:14

Thanks for being here
It’s extremely easy to be around Yeona, and it’s fun because she’s one of the most casual people I’ve ever met, and this personality trait of hers definitely helps to smooth things out between the two of us after meeting post-match last time.
It feels nice to know that we don’t force anything, it’s just that we are going with the flow and getting to know each other through random animal videos sent to each other, photos taken to commemorate our days and to show the other what we are up to and through conversations about our childhood memories, relationship with our siblings, dreams and hopes, both the past and the future, and everything in between really. There’s nothing awkward about our conversations, and I like that.
I do consider myself someone who always tries his best to respect other people’s boundaries even if they aren’t as outgoing or talkative as me, so I try to lighten up the mood and keep up a comfortable and good atmosphere even if I’m with someone who might not appreciate socializing and having a conversation as much as I do. In general, such situations don’t make me feel uncomfortable and awkward either as long as I know that the other doesn’t feel bad. However, when it comes to interacting with someone who seems like the same in a lot of aspects (and I don’t mean hobbies or life goals or anything like that by that, more like values and personality), it just feels better. It’s like we hit it off from the start, and everything seems smooth and easy.
That’s why I don’t think twice when our next match is coming up, I immediately invite the girl if she’s still up for it like she has said before. I know football isn’t everyone’s favourite sport to watch, so I would never force her to watch us play if she didn’t want to, but she doesn’t object either, so I’m looking forward to today’s match maybe a bit more enthusiastically than I usually would, knowing that she would be there, cheering for us (hopefully for us).
I have a good feeling about this match from the very start as I can already feel our team dynamics working, and thankfully, our team spirit stays the same for the rest of the match. Sometimes, teams can surprise the spectators and the other team with how they turn the tables in the very last minutes or seconds and sometimes when it’s a tie, it’s not easy to tell who would win in the end, but there are also those times when you can tell a bit after the beginning who would win, and I guess today is the latter.
That’s why I’m in a pumped up mood after the group hug and bro fists at the end of the match and even though it takes some time to get my hands on my phone and text Yeona back, I let her know that I’ll be coming to meet her, and I do as I say after probably the quickest shower of my life.
“Turning into a Falcon fan already, huh?” I tease her with a grin, knowing that she wouldn’t take my words to heart anyway. She’s not the kind of girl who would misunderstand what I’m saying. “Yeji did that a few times before. She might know some places where you can find blue face paint for that,” I add with a wink, a bit childish but nevertheless genuine. She already knows about my sister and Yeji has definitely painted her face into our colours a few times before, so even if I’m joking around, I have facts to back up my words.
Yeona’s next question makes me laugh wholeheartedly, her honesty appreciated, especially after such an exhausting match.
“Oh yeah, sure! Same here, so we should definitely go ahead as soon as possible! What would you prefer though? A burger place, a Chinese one or a tteokbokki one?” I inquire from her with a curious smile and not until she answers my question, do we head in the direction of the chosen restaurant. Since there are dozens of food places around the campus, it wouldn’t take us long to get there but even while walking, I can’t keep my questions to myself.
“So did you actually enjoy the game? Could you feel the thrill of it? Were we better than the football players you can see on tv?” I raise an amused eyebrow as we take a turn and I continue leading the way. I’m not sure Yeona has ever sat down to watch a full football match on tv, but it’s a good way to go around this question while also asking about her opinion on today’s match.

all for the game

Kwon Yeona
varosi
varosi
Kwon Yeona

TémanyitásTárgy: Re: yejun && yeona – planned get-together   yejun && yeona – planned get-together Icon_minitimeSzomb. 24 Okt. 2020 - 22:41

Yejun & Yeona

"Maybe," I say with a shrug, with no shame when Yejun asks me whether I turned into a Falcon fan already.
He seems super giddy when he steps out in front of me. It’s like he didn’t even spend the last hour running after a ball. He doesn’t even seem tired at first glance. He might be pumped up because they just won the match but whatever the cause is it’s nice to see him smile. So brightly. Maybe that’s what pushes me to be extra enthusiastic about their win and consider being in his uni’s colour for the next match that I have time for and with no university or job for the time being there’s a pretty big chance that I’d be there for the next one. If he invites me.
“Cool. She sounds like a fun person,” I hum when Yejun brings up his sister, Yeji and tells me about the blue paints she has had drawn onto her cheeks for his matches.
From what I have heard of her so far, she sounds really nice and it’s also good to see that a brother-sibling pair gets along so well. Luckily it’s the same with me and Yeonwoo but it’s actually pretty rare as I have heard. For a moment I wonder whether it’s weird that I kind of want to meet Yeji even though we have barely known each other with her brother. Would it be weird? Not sure, I usually go with the flow and don’t worry about such things, so I don’t ponder over this too long either and instead I ask about food options because I could definitely eat and I let out a laughter at the athlete’s answer while nodding along, agreeing that we should get going.
“Let’s go for burgers,” I decide almost right away when he offers me options to choose from.
The thing is, growing up in a wealthy family is definitely a good thing, you can let yourself enjoy numerous things, indulge in pleasant things that others couldn’t even dream of. However, it also means that everything that’s associated with the poor and the low working class like fast food chains are frowned upon and avoided at all costs. Luckily I have never been too restricted but living at home and having a cook just for us, it means that I can rarely enjoy junk food of any kind, so this time I use my chance and follow Yejun to the nearby burger place he knows that turns out to be American Diner themed. It’s quite lovely. Just the same as talking with the boy next to me while walking.
“To be fair, I haven’t really been keeping up with football on TV, so I don’t really have a decent comparison base but you were definitely good and yes, I did enjoy it. It was really exciting, much better than I expected. So thanks for inviting me,” I smile brightly at the boy and turn to him with my own set of questions, not even trying to crane my neck to look up at him because gosh I don’t even reach his shoulder height, he’s so tall. “So how long have you been playing? I don’t remember you told me why you started playing it instead of basketball for example. You’d be an ace in that too I bet,” I mention playfully hinting at his advantage with his height but I do mean it, I think he would be good at that too. I wonder what’s his reason because just as his major surprised me it could take me aback as well. Yejun seems like a guy who is full of surprises and I can’t wait to unwrap them one by one.
Lee Yejun
uni
uni
Lee Yejun

TémanyitásTárgy: Re: yejun && yeona – planned get-together   yejun && yeona – planned get-together Icon_minitimeSzer. 9 Dec. 2020 - 23:40

Thanks for being here
I reciprocate Yeona’s smile when she says that she might have become a Falcons fan. Not that I expect her to be super supportive and excited about the team just because I’m a part of it, but it fills me up with joy that she’s here today nevertheless, and that she has decided to give this match a chance. It would have been a shame if she hadn’t joined us today, but I would have understood her and respected her choice anyways.
“I have to admit I would have been really, really sad if you had been cheering for the other group,” I mention playfully, my slight pout turning into a grin in the next moment. I mean, it would have been awkward if she had been rooting for the other team while I was out there on the field, trying my best to score a goal, but we would stay cool despite that, too. It’s the time we spend together and the conversations we have that matter, not the fact that she’s cheering for the Falcons or the opposite team.
Talking about being a Falcon fan, I have to bring up Yeji because she’s a really big supporter of us and the boys, and she really knows how to dress up for cheering, and also where to go to get those face paints. I let a smile stretch over my lips when Yeona comments that Yeji seems like a cool person.
“She is. We are so alike, it’s like she’s me but in a female form,” I explain to her quite giddily, but then when it dawns on me how I’ve just responded, I let out a wholehearted laugh. “Yes, I’ve just said that I’m cool, too,” I confess, not at all ashamed. Well, a healthy self-esteem is good, isn’t it? Not that I think I’m the coolest person on the planet, but I think I’m a decent one, and I can make people feel comfortable around me, and that’s what matters.
Just like with Yeona; I didn’t force her or pressure her to come here, but she came nevertheless, that’s why I’m not afraid to invite her to more of our matches.
“You can come anytime you want to. I’m just glad that you enjoyed it,” I tell her happily because she might think that she didn’t do anything special, but I’m glad nevertheless that she has come here on her own, and decided to watch how I play and how our team is. She could have just said that she’s not interested - based on her answer about not watching football, that could have easily been the case -, but she has still come. I really appreciate it.
When we are heading towards the American diner just because Yeona has opted for burgers, and she asks about my story with football instead of basketball, I laugh out loud due to her assumption.
“Well, thanks for saying that, but I’ve never actually tried basketball,” I admit, still laughing. “We, the boys, could choose between taekwondo and football at my middle school, and it has stuck with me ever since. So I don’t really have a cool story about watching some football player and dreaming of becoming one ever since I was 5. It was just a hobby for me, it still is, but I really enjoy it.” I shrug my shoulders casually as we enter the burger place, and once we sit down, I recommend some dishes I’ve already tried here, but let her choose what she wants because she might have very different preferences when it comes to food. I order a double cheeseburger with large fries and coke because someone’s definitely hungry after a match.
“What about you and poems? Was it because of a certain one that you started writing poems or was it more of a spur of a moment thing?” I raise a curious eyebrow in question because she has told me about writing poems last time, but I don’t know about the reason behind it.

all for the game

Kwon Yeona
varosi
varosi
Kwon Yeona

TémanyitásTárgy: Re: yejun && yeona – planned get-together   yejun && yeona – planned get-together Icon_minitimeVas. 7 Feb. 2021 - 16:33

Yejun & Yeona

It's easy like this, the playful remarks, the jokes, the teasing, it feels like we can be ourselves next to each other for which I'm really grateful for because at family events I always get the same questions about boys, about education, about how poetry is a nice hobby but what I will do for a living if I don't want to become a housewife and it annoys me to no end to put on a sweet smile and listen to all that. I know that a few of them don't mean anything bad by those comments, they just genuinely don't get my choice but most of them just want to find faults in me and my family and I hate that. So not just for myself but to keep our family's pride, I wanna prove myself and be able to publish at least a small anthology or something. Sure, with grandpa's connections it would be ridiculously easy but I don't want to take advantage of that. I want them to like my poems for themselves and not for who I am or whose who I am to be precise. So that's why being around and talking with Yejun is like a breath of fresh air.
"I mean, a healthy amount of self-confidence is never a bad thing and you are indeed pretty cool, so…" I shrug with a smile because 1) I really think so 2) despite his comment, Yejun doesn't seem like an arrogant guy, not at all. And to be honest it would be pretty cool to get to know his sister, too, really, she sounds like someone I could be on good terms. Maybe I will ask Yejun for her contact one day, so I could ask her about those face paints the guy just mentioned earlier. And with that it's easy to mention the option of coming more. The match was definitely more fun than the ones I remember watching in front of the TV. Not that I had much experience in that, but during a few sleepovers I caught a glance of sport events like this, or when I watched a bit of the Olympics with my brother, I didn't think it was so exciting. Probably because I had no connection to it and it was more interesting now that I had someone to look out for at the field.
"I enjoyed it a lot, don't worry about it," I reciprocate Yejun's wide smile and I find it refreshing how happy he is for me, that I had fun but really, it's all thanks to him, without him I would have never come to a university football match.
So of course, I have to inquire about Yejun's story with the sport and somehow his answer doesn't surprise me. He seems like a hardworking guy but not someone who would stress over something so much, so it's great that he plays the game not only because it's considered cool or because he has to but because he genuinely enjoys it. It's much better to do so than to go for basketball just because of his height.
"It's great that you like it since middle school, there's no need for cool stories," I reassure the guy and mumble out a compliment at the burger place's design when we arrive there, taking seats by the window. There are loads of options on the menu, so I'm actually very grateful for Yejun's recommendations and I go for a bulgogi one in the end, ordering juice on the side. I might not have a problem with greasy food or eating with hands despite my upbringing, bubbly drinks always make me hiccup, so I usually opt for mineral water or juice at places like this.
"No cool story here either," I let out a chuckle when Yejun asks about my love for poems. "Actually I only realized in high school that I don't prefer poetry over novels just because they are shorter but because I like how tricky it is to understand them sometimes. Then I actively seeked out a few contemporary and 20th century Korean poets' works and I loved them a lot. Then I started writing my own to pass time at first and I realized that I want to do this for a long time."
I show one of my favourite poems of the lot to Yejun while we wait for the food and try to explain to him the meaning I see behind the lines and it's funny go interpret it differently. But that's just another beauty of poetry. Then our burgers arrive and one bite of the juicy sandwich is enough to know it's delicious.
"Hm, this is really good! Do you come here often? With your teammates?" I wonder aloud because I see a few other athletes here even though it might be only an after match kind of tradition.
Lee Yejun
uni
uni
Lee Yejun

TémanyitásTárgy: Re: yejun && yeona – planned get-together   yejun && yeona – planned get-together Icon_minitimePént. 26 Márc. 2021 - 22:19

Thanks for being here
Sure, I’m the kind who befriends others pretty quickly, and striking conversations isn’t anything nerve-wrecking for me, but it’s rare that it’s only just me and a girl. I’m not your stereotypical football player who’s with a different girl every week, and a lot of the Falcon players aren’t like that. I don’t know where that stereotype comes from, but I would never take advantage of any girl’s feelings, and it’s not like me to seek a short relationship just for the sake of pleasure. I don’t blame those who are like that, but that kind of thinking is so far from me. It may play a part that I have a little sister, so in general, I view girls and their feelings a bit more sensitively, but otherwise, I believe it’s scarce to like someone and have your feelings reciprocated on top of that. Plus, seeing our parents’ example, I know even loving someone can’t always mean a relationship will last forever.
Yet, I don’t mind talking to Yeona and getting to know her better because it’s easy with her, and neither of us is pushing anything unnecessarily which takes some weight off my shoulders because I wouldn’t want to disappoint her in any way. For now, it’s safe if we are just getting to know each other slowly by slowly without having any high expectations towards the other.
“Haha, thanks. I’m glad you think so. It indicates I didn’t fail my attempts to seem cool to you,” I remark with an amused smile when she lets me know that she indeed thinks I’m cool. Of course, despite my words, I’ve never attempted to appear cool or something I’m not because that would leave nowhere, but it’s nice to hear that she thinks of me this way.
We agree on heading to eat something because I’m hungry after the match and she doesn’t mind it either, so I show the way to the American diner-like burger place that I like a lot, and seeing her approval of the place, I’m already glad I’ve taken her here. Sure, I could have suggested Naturally, but I don’t want to pressure her into anything stereotype-like such as girls not liking burgers and opting for salad over anything else. Not that I have anything against those who like salads, and of course, an athlete should eat enough vitamins and all that, but I’m glad she doesn’t seem to hold a grudge against me for suggesting a burger place and she can choose quickly from the menu.
As we’re waiting for the food, I inquire about her love of poems after telling her about how I’ve started my football career - if I can say so myself -, and it’s nice to get to know her better this way. One’s hobbies and loved things can tell a lot about them, especially seeing the passionate glint in their eyes when they are talking about it.
“I mean, as long as you find it fascinating to decipher the meaning behind poems, no one should stop you. I find it pretty cool that there are people out there who know enough about literature and symbolism to understand others’ works better. I was never patient and literate enough for that,” I admit with a casual smile because there’s no shame in confessing my non-existent literature knowledge because she knows already that that’s not my expertise. No one can be good at everything.
“Do you study literature at university, too? Or you don’t want to attend university because you don’t want anyone to tell you how to interpret arts? It would be understandable,” I muse out loud because I don’t think she’s mentioned that she’s a university student, but she seems that age, and even though she could be someone off-campus, she’s been here at the SNU spring festival, so she might as well study here. Or who knows? I don’t want to jump to conclusions, so I rather let her tell me if she wants to.
The burgers arrive soon enough while we’re talking, and once she digs in, she compliments the taste. I watch her eat with a proud smile, and when she asks if I come here often with my teammates, I nod.
“Yeah, sometimes. There are a lot of cool places around since they cater for university students, so they know what to offer, but this is like a favourite of ours,” I share with her between two bites of my double cheeseburger and dip my fries into ketchup before asking about her preferences. “What about you? What are your favourite places in Seoul? You’ve said you’re from Seocho, so I guess you know more about the city than I do with my Boseong upbringing,” I say with a wide grin before resuming to eat, curiously looking at the girl in the meantime.

all for the game

Kwon Yeona
varosi
varosi
Kwon Yeona

TémanyitásTárgy: Re: yejun && yeona – planned get-together   yejun && yeona – planned get-together Icon_minitimeVas. 25 Ápr. 2021 - 15:59

Yejun & Yeona

I genuinely enjoy Yejun’s company, he’s really fun. His stories are cool and he seems to be really up front about himself. That’s a pretty refreshing thing to experience when I’m so used to people acting differently around me once they are aware of my family background and most of my life I have attended the same schools as Yeonwoo, so being the little sister of the Lotte Hotel’s heir was my title. The little princess was a nickname I have grown to hate over the years and maybe that’s why I would like to prove my own worth. I love my family, I love our business but I can hardly imagine myself being up there in the management board and doing anything with it. We have always joked with my brother about how I should write copies for our marketing campaigns or invitations for our events because that’s what I’m good at, writing and what use that has for my family? I had accepted that long ago and I’m fine with it now but still, it’s nice not to be treated like a little princess.
“Ah you attempted to seem cool to me, hm? And for what purpose?” I tease Yejun when he says he’s glad he didn’t fail seeming cool in front of me and well, I’m honestly curious whether he has any plan regarding our acquaintance or just goes with the flow like me.
We talk about his love for football and my love for poems and time flies as we talk. It’s easy to talk with him about anything and everything. He never presses, he listens well and his comments make me laugh.
When Yejun asked about my education, I didn’t treat it like a personal attack or something just because unlike 95% of our generation who went to further education, I didn’t. He couldn’t have known and he isn’t someone who looks down on people based on something like that. At least he doesn’t seem like one based on how he phrased the second question but I guess we’re about to find that out.
“Yeah, I’m not attending university and don’t even want to but my parents would like me too. I don’t blame them since it’s not easy to get by with arts but I don’t want to follow social norms and get a degree in something just because everybody does that. Actually, they gave me one year to prove to them I can live by the way I would like to but if that doesn’t work out I will have to study business,” I answer truthfully since it’s not like it’s a secret or I’m ashamed of it. I might not know what kind of family he has but I’m pretty sure he at least knows someone whose parents were pressuring about education. I’m quite lucky in that sense, even for this one year chance, not many parents would be so patient, so I’m grateful. But studying business like my brother? Ugh, I dislike even the thought of.
Our food arrives soon and when I taste the burger, I cannot hide my excitement. Wow, I have never had something like this. Of course, I have skipped expensive meals before only to eat junk food like McDonalds or Burger King but it’s better. I hum at the flavourful taste and let Yejun know how much I like it as well. No wonder I ask him about this place and its reputation, glad to hear that he also likes this. But when he lets me know about his countryside upbringing and puts it in contrast with my Seoul one, I smile. I like that he doesn’t talk about us capital city people like we were snobs just as I didn’t treat him as a countryside himbo as well.
“I adore the Seokchon Lake! It’s especially pretty when the cherry trees bloom and I’m frequent at quite a few art cafés that have great atmosphere. Oh and have you been at the Starfield Library in COEX? The prettiest library I have ever seen,” I chatter about my favourite places, happy to go in detail if he asked about any of them while we’re eating but I cannot not ask about his hometown. “And how is it in Boseong? Is it really different than here? Was it hard to get used to the Seoul life?”
I’m curious because I have never known any other life and it makes me curious about how he sees it and whether he cannot wait to go back or he feels home here despite all that.
Lee Yejun
uni
uni
Lee Yejun

TémanyitásTárgy: Re: yejun && yeona – planned get-together   yejun && yeona – planned get-together Icon_minitimeSzomb. 12 Jún. 2021 - 15:10

Thanks for being here
It’s easy to joke around with Yeona, and I appreciate that. I don’t have a problem with people who are shy or more reserved, that’s perfectly cool with me, and I’m mature and considerate enough to take their personality into consideration when I’m interacting with them. However, it’s easier to be 100% myself and let loose beside the girl because I know that she wouldn’t take things to heart, and that she’s just as playful as me. She also resembles Yeji in that sense, and since we are on really good terms with my little sister, and we can tease each other without the other holding a grudge for it, I know that I can do the same with her, too.
Hence, when she plays along with me, and asks back for what purpose I was trying to seem cool to her, I shrug my shoulders with a theatrical expression on my face.
“Hmm, who knows? I’m a mysterious guy,” I remark teasingly, letting my lips curl into a full-blown grin. Some people have told me that they can’t tell when I’m serious and when I’m not, and I can see why, but I have a feeling that it’s easy for Yeona to tell that I’m just being playful with her. “I don’t know. Maybe I want you to think that I’m a nice guy?” I add with a semi-serious quirk of my eyebrows, but despite the fact that I know that she doesn’t believe in the stereotype that every university football player is a jock, I hope that she has only positive things to think about me.
Anyways, even if she adds anything to my words or not, I lead her to the burger place on campus, and I’m content that she voices out her liking towards the place, and that we can talk about our passions and anything that comes to our mind while we are having food. Yet again, it’s easy to be around her, and I’m curious about her life just as much as she’s curious about mine, so it seems like a very balanced conversation. Her answer regarding her education proves just how strong she is, and how much she’s trying to do what she likes instead of what she’s being told to which I think is admirable.
“I think it’s really brave of you to follow your heart, and to not give in to the pressure. I hope this one year will work out for you because you deserve to do what you would like to. Let me know if I can be of any help in the meantime, let it be about talking about it or buying one of your poem collections,” I offer with a friendly smile. If I can help her in any way to achieve her dream, why wouldn’t I want to contribute to that? There’s nothing better when someone can do what their heart yearns for.
In the meantime, our food arrives, and my smile is wide when Yeona compliments the food. It can be seen that she’s sincere, so I appreciate her words wholeheartedly. I listen to her excited chattering about her favourite places in Seoul, and I can’t hide my smile while she’s talking. She looks so pretty when she talks about something she likes, and I really hope her smile can be constant in her life, and that this one year can work out for her.
“Oh, I’ve actually never been to the Starfield Library, though I’ve heard about it. Is it really as big as they say so?” I ask back since it seems huge on photos, but photos can be deceiving. Though I have to admit that even the SNU Library is big for me, so I can’t imagine how big the Starfield Library can be. I’m not ashamed to talk about my upbringing either, and the difference between the capital city and Boseong.
“Well, it’s definitely different. Instead of skyscrapers, you can see green tea fields there, and we have everything that can be related to tea. Tea festival, tea museum, tea spa, tea ice cream, tea chocolate, but I like tea, so I don’t have a problem with it,” I admit with a carefree laughter. “My grandparents own a farm, and my parents work in the agriculture sector as well, so I was used to having nature around all the time, and I’ve seen more tractors than cars while growing up, but I would have never changed it for the world. I love Seoul and Boseong for all the difference they can bring into my life.”
Thus, I tell her that while it was different getting to used to the life here with all the metros and big places, it was fun for me, and I still enjoy getting to know the capital city. Then, we talk about how our surroundings have shaped us, and what we each like about where we grew up, and time flies fast this way, so after finishing our burgers, I suggest excitedly:
“If you are up for a next time, how about we each show the other one of our favourite places? In Seoul, for starters, because I wouldn’t want to drag you all the way to Boseong for now,” I explain, and let out a giggle. I mean, my family would probably not have any problem with it, but maybe it would be better to start with something that’s close to both of us.

all for the game

Kwon Yeona
varosi
varosi
Kwon Yeona

TémanyitásTárgy: Re: yejun && yeona – planned get-together   yejun && yeona – planned get-together Icon_minitimeSzer. 25 Aug. 2021 - 22:23

Yejun & Yeona

In my circle of people, it’s hard to find ones who are actually genuine. Chaebols and rich kids have this idea due to the society’s pressure that we have to be some kind of ideal. Or that we have to be the unreachable top, as if our lives were so different from mediocre people. And in a way it is because we have grown up in a different environment, we were raised with different expectations and we have different opportunities. We have more yet somehow we are still restricted. So maybe that’s why it feels so nice, so freeing to talk so casually with Yejun who doesn’t care about anything like that and I can joke with him easily. It comes naturally, the way my smile blooms when he teases that he’s a mysterious guy. Sure, mysterious guys tell stories like him for sure, I scoff mentally.
“Hm… I’ll decide what I think about that later,” I hum as it was a serious dilemma for me to tell if he’s a nice guy or not. If he wasn’t (or I didn’t think he was at least) I wouldn’t have come to his match, cheer for him and now eat dinner with him but I can’t tell him that so easily. Though, I’m pretty sure he can tell that I’m only being playful.
And while we can talk so teasingly and jokingly with each other, it seems like we’re just that good with more serious topics, like how I admit that I don’t want to go to college and knowing how natural it is in Korea, I’m glad when Yejun takes my confession without a preach. His reassuring words earn an honest, soft smile.
“Thank you, it means a lot, really,” I tell him and jokingly add that now that I have his permission I might spam him with rhythms and ideas until he has had enough. He doesn’t seem to mind though, it feels nice. To be accepted like that.
Chatting over the hamburgers we get in the meantime, I tell Yejun more about my favourite places in Seoul. They might not be up to his alley but he’s listening attentively and doesn’t stop me even when I get way too excited about this art café or that beautiful library. When he asks, I tell him how it seems big because of the glass and the open space but it isn’t as big as I imagined when I was younger. I show him my Instagram photos of the Starfield Library as well while telling him how it has different decorations every season, so it might be different the next time I visit. But the more I talk, the more curious I become about Yejun’s hometown and how hard it was for him to get used to the Seoul life.
“Gosh, honestly, I can’t imagine so many greens and so much tea. I have only seen tea fields in pictures,” I let out a chuckle because even though it could be something I should be ashamed of, I know Yejun wouldn’t look at me disapprovingly as if I was a snob big city girl. It just never really occurred to me to travel outside of the capital by myself and with family we usually went to holiday resorts like Jeju or Japan. But Yejun’s life doesn’t sound boring to me at all, I ask him more about his family and whether he ever has enough of tea and like this we only realize how much time passed as the diner starts closing around us and our plates are long empty already.
However, it seems like the athlete is already thinking about next time which only makes me smile wider. It means I’m not the only one having fun.
“Well, I mean I’m mostly free these days, so why not? But sure, Seoul for now,” I chuckle as we leave the restaurant and we choose a weekend when he’s free and I don’t have any family events either. I’m already excited about spending time together again when we say goodbye by the sidewalk where I wave off a taxi.
Ajánlott tartalom

TémanyitásTárgy: Re: yejun && yeona – planned get-together   yejun && yeona – planned get-together Icon_minitime

yejun && yeona – planned get-together
Vissza az elejére 
1 / 1 oldal